Saturday, April 25, 2009

LESSON THREE







Objective

Friday

First Day on the Dad job
Example

My son Liam comes home from school very excited. "Hey mom..I mean Dad" he says to me.
"Hey little dude." I say back. He drops his backpack and eyes me with suspicion. "Why did you say that?"
"It's what Dad's say." I tell him.
"Stop it!" Isabel (3 years old) shouts. "You are not my Dad you are my mom! Can we have ice cream for dinner?"

They have figured me out.
My teenager Fallon (15) rolls her eyes but she perks up a bit when I get out the ice cream.
We play Wii and eat ice cream for dinner and cereal for dessert. We don't brush our teeth. Liam teaches us how to burp. We go to sleep in our t-shirts long after midnight.

I have talked to my children about more than homework and finishing everything on their plate. We laughed together. Even Fallon, who forgot to be above it all.
As he falls asleep Liam tells me I am the best dad in the world. :)
I really believe I can do this.

Homework

Burp

Extra Credit

Really burp and don't just make the fake burp sound in the back of your throat.

No comments: