Saturday, May 2, 2009

LESSON SEVEN





Objective

Keep a Positive Attitude

Example

It is Friday. I am afraid I set the bar too high last weekend.
Liam is home sick (again). The baby is sniffling, and snuffling, and complaining.
The fish's bowl was empty this morning and the fish nowhere to be found. Oliver was coughing and sputtering after his morning crawl from the bedroom to my computer desk, so I suspect a seafood breakfast.
I told Isabel that her fish had gone on vacation but she is more excited by the prospect that the baby ate it.
She is fine with that really.

I have work to do but Liam is sure that the weekend has started early because he is home.
It's raining big juicy thunderous drops outside so the camping trip I had planned is definitely off.
Before I know it, Fallon is home from school and everybody is looking at me expecting me to be cool.

The baby has thrush too, did I mention that? I am still in my pajamas and it is four o clock in the afternoon.

"We're going to have so much fun!" I tell them my eyes big and wide and shining like an anime character.
"Oh yeah like what?" they say to me with suspicion.
"You'll see" I promise them, and I slink off to the bathroom to come up with a plan and some clean hair.

Homework

Come up with a plan.

Extra Credit

Figure out how the statement "From chaos comes order" applies to your life.

No comments: