Monday, May 4, 2009

Mom Mondays


This is a little space for me to reflect on my dad weekend from a mom perspective. I'll tell you if I learned anything, or made a big mess of it...and let you in on some behind the scenes stuff.

It seems like everybody is blogging about their kids. We love our children and we can't imagine anyone else not being at least a little bit interested. As a mother I am always interested in other mothers..How do they do it? Do they do it better than me? What ideas do they have? I love glimpses into peoples lives. It's a good way to learn about yourself. Think of the huge following Jon and Kate have developed. We're just watching them do what we do everyday..times eight!

So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the responses to this website. I've heard from single mothers, married mothers that feel single, single dads, regular dads, non traditional parents, and one teenager that wanted to know how she could get her mom to be a dad.
I have realized that the world is not only ready for momdadding...it's crying out for it!
So, we are opening this blog to our readers. Try your hand at momdadding for one weekend and let us know how it went...send us your story, pics, video, wav files, recipes...whatever you have and we'll post them here for the world to see.
We're also looking for a Dad panel...real dads that know the ropes and can give us advice and encouragement...and maybe they'll even do the dishes once in a while.

Come on... join the movement that's taking over the nation...be a Weekend Dad...You'll never go back to your old ways again.



Send your goods to e.alexander@hyggeinteriors.com

1 comment:

john said...

first, welcome to dads blogs and second, i cant stop playing pac man...i got dropping to do you know.