Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom Mondays




Whew! this is really starting to seem like a full time job.
What did I learn this weekend? Let's see...I learned I really really like running water...but I could do without lights. I learned that we are not always safe even though we pretend we are, and that every moment should be savored like a big cheesy oniony chili dog.

I learned that snakes can fall out of trees, frogs make good pets, neighbors really can be neighborly, and even if you can't tell a good story, anything shared around a campfire is just what you want it to be.

This experiment is slowly becoming a way of life, and though I guard against doing anything mommish on the weekends I am finding that a little dadding sneaks into my weekdays. I am having more fun with my children.

I am no longer sure who I am doing this for..them, me, the audience that is following us (and are they moms or dads or both)? Maybe all of us have something to gain.
So with that in mind I am launching a more user friendly momdad blog...with tips, and gadgets, and movie/ book/ game/ and toy reviews..and stuff like that. But most importantly I don't want to lose the heart and soul of this project which is about developing the best traits of both mothers and fathers, and looking for a way to really connect with the kids in the middle of mixed messages, blended families, and busy lives.

Bear with me as I organize and look forward to good times to come.

1 comment:

Kate Burton said...

I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel. Some days I'm not sure if I blog for myself, my readers or the embarassingly small amount of money I've made on it. If you figure it out let me know, PLEASE!